Winning Your Community for Christ
“Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Matt. 6:10
Leaders with a Winning Mission
- One of the responsibilities we have as Christians is to have a primary purpose in our prayer and evangelism; we want to make it hard for people to go to hell from our cities.
- If we are going to win the lost it will require a harvest mindset, with the understanding that the harvest is ready in that city. Pray for a passion for souls and that there will be a spiritual hunger in that city for God.
- A great missionary to Mexico once said, “Win the list at any cost because people last forever.” The heartbeat of God is that we seize each city for Him.
10 Reasons Why Prayer will Win Your Community for Christ
- Prater provides life, spiritual illumination, and focus upon purpose.
- Because of prayer, evangelistic efforts are increasingly effective. It is encouraging to those pursuing God.
- Prayer brings about mutual respect in the body of Christ. It causes us to realize that together we can do powerful things.
- Prayer will cause life-giving churches to grow because of new conversions.
- Prayer changes the societal atmosphere of a city. Declining crime rates, prayer inhibits the influence of evil spirits toward crime.
- Prayer helps us penetrate the cultural wall of our society and allows us to minister the gospel to unsaved people.
- Prayer will tear down strongholds that try to intimidate and control the body of Christ in that city.
- Families can be restored; many couples can experience renewal in their relationships with each other.
- Prayer will increase the Holy Spirit’s activity in a city, as He draws, convicts, restores, and heals people’s lives and a greater manifestation of God’s kingdom.
Winning Your Community through Focused Prayer
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16
We can pray…
- That the resources of Brockport would be used for global evangelism
- That Brockport will become a place of refuge for Christians to raise their children and enjoy their homes in peace
- That people in Brockport would be exposed to an understandable presentation of the gospel
- For God to be glorified through properties that are up for sale or being developed and that they would play a major role in cultivating the spiritual life of the city.
- That God would call young men and women from the Education System of Brockport to participate in His global plan
- That churches would combine solid, life-giving, biblical understanding with a fresh flow in His Holy Spirit
- That the water level of the Holy Spirit’s activity in the whole city would rise
- That the non churched community realize that Jesus Christ is the only solution to the problems Brockport is facing and that they can trust the Bible
- With the Word of God because it is the sword that will transform us from pacifist to activists as we promote God’s kingdom
- That Christ Community Church becomes innovative and reaches out to the city of Brockport through servant leadership
- That Christ Community Church would fulfill both Matthew 25:35-36 and Matthew 28:18-20 as you co-labor with Christ to transform people’s lives for His glory