The world isn’t going to be saved by clever words. Rather, it’s going to be saved by demonstration of something.
1 Corinthians 2:1 “And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.“
- The word does not need a complicated theology presented to it. You don’t have to learn a complicated theology to put your hand into saving the world.
- Our task is essential to know and reflect Jesus Christ. In business you have to know your essential task. If you are making bread, your essential task isn’t to bake bread it’s to sell it. Our essential task is to represent Christ. Even in everyday tasks. When the inside of me becomes the outside of me I begin to reflect Christ.
- These troubling days we are in demand that essential focus. If you think the life and future of this country is dependent on who is the next President, you have missed the essential focus. Only one thing matters in the future of this country, Jesus Christ. When you remain focused that Jesus is what’s needed and salvation is what’s needed, you quit being disturbed by all the noise of fear that’s going on in the world and you get refocused on what’s important.
1 Corinthians 2:3-4 “I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power”
- Your strength is not needed by God.
- Paul came in weakness, fear and trembling.
- But he came in the demonstration of the Holy Spirit and of power
- The demonstration of the Spirit and of power shows that the kingdom of God has come
- The supernatural realm controls the natural realm. God in heaven has control with what happens here. He doesn’t need permission from the law of physics or medicine.
1 Corinthians 2:5 “so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.”
- If somebody convinces you by reason, logic, or clever words that you’re supposed to be doing something, that won’t take you all the way. God will always allow opposition to come up. The only way the wall will move is by the power of God. The world will not be convicted/convinced by reason, but by power.
- 1 Cor. 4:20 “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.”
- 1 Thes. 1:5 “because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.”
- 2 Cor. 4:7 “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.”
- Our humanness proves a necessary point.
Zechariah 4:6 “So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.”
2 Corinthians 12:9 “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
- Weakness is not something to be despised. It’s something to take advantage of.
- How can I move from what’s impossible to what’s possible?
You don’t have to be strong to be used by God.