Our guest speaker for Mother’s Day, Joan Wood, illustrates her Technicolor vision of life as she brings us a stirring message of the awesome power of Jesus and the power of His love. She and her husband Chris are co-pastors at Zion Fellowship in Canandaigua.
1. The answer is: “I AM HE”
2. What is the question? ___________________
Whom are you seeking?
3. John 8:21-28
• I am going away & You will seek Me.
• You will die in your sins, if you do not believe that I AM HE.
• Jesus: When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will _________ that I am He.
• Know: understand, realize, the recognition of truth by personal experience.
4. John 18:4-8
• Betrayal and arrest in Gethsemane
• Jesus knowing all things…asked, “Whom are you seeking?”
• ___________________ HE.
5. John 20:11-16
• Mary at the empty tomb, weeping, they have taken my Lord away
• She turned and __________ Jesus standing there, and didn’t know it was Jesus
• Saw: theoreo thee-oh-reh-o; theory,
• Some look at Jesus as just a theory…
• Jesus asks, “Whom are you seeking?”
• “MARY”…. She didn’t need Him to tell her I AM HE….she knew!
• LOVE opened the eyes of her heart
• Theories and Facts- fail LOVE SUCCEEDS!